Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Personal Style at Work

Oh the joys of balancing personal style with the constraints of a conservative work environment.  Ok, you are right… this sounds like a personal problem. It is… and one I believe I share with many…lol. So, I am going to write about it.
Why should we have to check our style at the door when coming to work? In all honesty, I agree that work appropriate clothes should be worn BUT I wish infusing color and a little drama with the sometimes boring and lifeless hues of navy blue, grey, brown, tan and black would be more accepted.
Long story short, don’t commit career suicide or make a spectacle of yourself. Rather start with your basics and find one lively accessory that best presents your personal style and work it! This is also a great way to spice up your commonly worn business casual attire. Pick one accessory that is within your budget and add it your ensemble.


I am a shoe nut and I typically add a pair of dramatic shoes to my ensemble. You can do the same thing with scarves, earrings, necklaces, rings, etc. For instance earrings are easy on the budget and great on the eye.  They will instantly bring focus to your face and they can be worn with a variety of outfits.  Scarves are another great option for many of the same reasons.
Most importantly wear something that compliments your style and that is comfortable. I always say confidence is the best accessory! Be true to you…;-).
Stop Look and Love…,
Jantina

No comments:

Post a Comment